I admit am not a good cook. I like to cook meal that is basic so easy for me to follow the directions. My family likes the classic food as well. We went to the beach in Hamlin few weeks ago. I made this basic chicken salad recipe.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds (I escape this ingredient)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- Place almonds in a frying pan. Toast over medium-high heat, shaking frequently. Watch carefully, as they burn easily.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper. Toss with chicken, almonds, and celery.
You should try it for yourself. It is perfect for a sandwich or a side dish.