Growing up in the tropical country of the Philippines, I love eating fish. Any recipe that has a fish, definitely I eat it. My family loves to eat fish except my Summer Babe so I made her a different dish that Friday night.
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 8 (4 ounce) fillets cod
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Rinse fish, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Stir egg into dry ingredients. Gradually mix in beer until a thin batter is formed. You should be able to see the fish through the batter after it has been dipped.
- Dip fish fillets into the batter, then drop one at a time into hot oil. Fry fish, turning once, until both sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels, and serve warm.
I loved how it turned out though I used the tilapia fillets. It tastes delicious. Next time, I will only add half can of the beer. It makes it so watery. My family has the french fries and corn. Their Daddy also has the salad. I have the same except I have rice instead of french fries.
You can also check the original recipe from Allrecipe.com There is also a video for you to watch so it easy to follow.